- Native Detroit Entertainer David Alan Grier to Perform At St. John Hospital Guild Dinner - 2013-05-23
- Television Pilot, Web Series Receive Film Incentives - 2013-05-23
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration - 2013-05-23
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot - 2013-05-23
- Shinola Brings Manufacturing Back to Detroit - 2013-05-22
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Thursday, 14 February 2013 07:28 Written by Amber L. Bogins
Pictured--Frozen Strawberry Souffles
We all know that the best part about dinner is dessert. If done right, a delicious dessert can lead to an equally steamy night. Impress your “hunny” this Valentine’s Day and surprise him or her with one of these sensual treats. Remember you can customize recipes to suit you and your dates taste. And please, please, please check with your date for food allergies. Nothing will kill the mood faster than a closed throat and a trip to the hospital.
Homemade Whipped Cream. Yeah, you could go to the store, buy a can of Reddi Whip and hope you’ll have enough…or you can make your own and make extra. Pair it with strawberries or your favorite fruit and enjoy.
Chocolate Mousse. What food screams romance better than chocolate? Get fancy and make a fluffy chocolate mousse. It’s a surprisingly simple recipe. And it’ll go great with that whipped cream that you made.
Red Velvet Cake. It’s red and it’s chocolate and the cream cheese frosting is to die for. Show off and let your sweetie know you can bake.
Frozen Strawberry Souffles. This is a unique dessert and you’ll be sure to impress your date with your creativity. Prep time is a little longer than the other recipes on the list, but you can make it early and keep it in the freezer until you’re ready for it in the evening.
Raspberry Fool. It’s a terrible name, but this delicious raspberry treat is a switch from traditional strawberry desserts and is super easy to make.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)