- 2013 AMAs: TLC Bring Out Lil Mama For 'Waterfalls,' No Left Eye Hologram - 2013-11-25
- And The Saga Continues: L.A. Reid Tweets About TLC’s Status With Epic Records - 2013-11-25
- Police Presence At Md. Showing Of ‘The Butler’ Sparks Social Media Backlash - 2013-08-18
- New TLC album, first in a decade - 2013-08-03
- New TLC Album, First in a Decade - 2013-08-02
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Monday, 18 February 2013 07:45 Written by Amber L. Bogins
Keke Palmer and Naitia “Lil Mama” Kirkland have just signed on to play Rozanda “Chilli” Thomas and Lisa “Left-eye” Lopes, respectively in the upcoming biopic about TLC. They join Drew Sidora who will portray Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins in the made-for-TV movie. The famed group rose to stardom in the early 90’s with their debut album “Ooo….On the TLC Tip”. Throughout their career, they faced bankruptcy, abuse, arson, in-group fighting and the untimely death of Left-Eye. But they were also one of, if not the most influential girl group of the generation. A movie is much deserved. The movie will begin filming next month in August and will air on VH1.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)