- Eminem song is soundtrack to kids movie trailer - 2013-03-20
- Beyonce to star in animated movie 'Epic' - 2013-03-12
- 'Need for Speed' to be filmed in Detroit this summer - 2013-02-26
- '50 Shades of Grey' movie due out next summer - 2013-02-22
- Summer Blockbuster Alert: Iron Man 3 Opens May 3rd - 2013-02-05
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Monday, 18 February 2013 07:45 Written by Amber L. Bogins
Keke Palmer and Naitia “Lil Mama” Kirkland have just signed on to play Rozanda “Chilli” Thomas and Lisa “Left-eye” Lopes, respectively in the upcoming biopic about TLC. They join Drew Sidora who will portray Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins in the made-for-TV movie. The famed group rose to stardom in the early 90’s with their debut album “Ooo….On the TLC Tip”. Throughout their career, they faced bankruptcy, abuse, arson, in-group fighting and the untimely death of Left-Eye. But they were also one of, if not the most influential girl group of the generation. A movie is much deserved. The movie will begin filming next month in August and will air on VH1.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)