Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Tuesday, 26 February 2013 06:35 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
Janet Jackson and Wissam Al Mana tied the knot! It had been rumored that the lovebirds would get married in Qatar later this year, but we now know that the couple got married last year.
“The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true. Last year we were married in a quiet, private and beautiful ceremony,” the couple told Entertainment Tonight in their first joint statement on Monday, Feb. 25.
“Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities. We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy.”
Janet has been married twice before, to James DeBarge and Rene Elizondo Jr. (whom she divorced shortly after the Velvet Rope tour). In 2009 she and Jermaine Dupri broke up after a long term relationship.
The newlyweds' official wedding photo above is by world-renowned photographer, Marco Glaviano.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)