- 31st Metro Detroit Youth Day set for July 17 on Belle Isle - 2013-06-18
- Detroit's Michigan Science Center to unveil new 'Science of Rock 'n' Roll' exhibit - 2013-06-18
- Detroit Is Doing Something That's Never Been Tried Before - 2013-06-18
- Detroit Stops Paying Billions in Debt to Avoid Bankruptcy - 2013-06-17
- MGM GRAND DETROIT WELCOMES CSI AND FAMILY GUY™ TO GAMING FLOOR - 2013-06-14
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 07:30 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
Page 2 of 3
Hair: The Musical (Saturday and Sunday)
Tickets are ON SALE NOW for $30, $45, $55 and $70. To purchase tickets please visit TicketMaster.com
HAIR: a celebration of peace and love!, the 2009 Tony Award-Winning Best Musical Revival directed by Diane Paulus, will play the Fox Theatre for a limited engagement on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3, 2013. HAIR is part of the Fifth Third Bank Fox Theatre Series.
**For Mature Audiences contains brief nudity, sexual content, simulated drug use.
“A Conversation with: FILMMAKER QASIM “Q” BASIR”
Charles H. Wright Museum
3 p.m.-5 p.m.
Join Filmmaker and Native Detroiter, Qasim “Q” Basir, for an in depth conversation about what it takes to make movies in the film industry. In 2010, Basir directed his first full-feature film, Mooz-lum, starring Nia Long, Danny Glover, Evan Ross and Roger Guenveur Smith. The movie debuted at the 14th Annual Urban World Film Festival in New York and received the honor of Best Narrative Feature. The film was also an official selection at the Chicago International Film Festival and the 34th Cairo International Film Festival. Through a partnership with AMC and Eventful, Mooz-lum was released nationally in February 2011. The film received independent theatrical distribution in Canada, the UK, Dubai, and Kuwait, as well as DVD, television and digital distribution.
This event is free and open to the public with pre-registration, available on Eventbrite at: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5646179876. The cost is $10 at the door.
Legends of Jazz starring Will Downing and Roy Ayers
Ticket prices from $35-$115
Juke Joint 13
A time traveling experience spiced with erotic poetry, juke joint styled drink specials, musicians, actors and artists cast in a themed night with juke joint era sights and sounds, mixed with contemporary do it yo self funk and soul and joookba.
Call 313-887-8501 to purchase tickets and more information.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)