- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
Category: Entertainment - Original Published on Monday, 04 March 2013 07:22 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
Page 1 of 2
Motown has suffered another loss this weekend. Bobby Rogers, founding member of the famed Motown group the Miracles passed away Sunday morning in his home in Southfield. Sources close to the singer say he had been sick for several years and in December of last year, his health began its final decline. His cousin and Miracles group mate Claudette Robinson posted a prayer request on her website in December. Sunday she announced that Rogers had passed away at six-thirty in the morning. He was 73 years old.
Motown alumni Richard Street and Damon Harris, both from the Temptations passed away last week.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)