There are hairstyles. There are hairdos. There are hair don’ts. And thanks to Detroit’s own David Humphries (aka “Hump the Grinder”) there is even “Hair Wars” — the extravagant hair shows built on the foundation of hair as entertainment.
Makes sense, especially in light of the importance many African Americans place on their hair. It could be argued that some go overboard with it, spending excessive amounts of money, etc.
But it is what it is, and let’s face it, hair can be a lot of fun.
Of course, entertainers tend to be the vanguard. The most intriguing ones are those who go the extra mile. They let the imagination run wild, toss conservativism to the wind, bring smiles to faces, and spark conversations.
With all this in mind, we present “Hair Fun.” — SVH
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)