- McDONALD’S MODERNIZES NORTHWEST DETROIT LOCATION - 2013-07-12
- WJZZ Digital Smooth Jazz Fest concert scheduled for August 9-10 in City of Southfield postponed - 2013-07-12
- CNN SPECIAL COMMENTARY PART I: RESPONDING TO RACISM IS NOT REVERSE RACISM - 2013-07-10
- Ford Field to get two more Slows stands, also adding Russell Street Deli and Corridor Sausage - 2013-07-09
- On the Ground: Model D launches summer media hub in Osborn - 2013-07-09
Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 10:21 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Page 2 of 2
We are asking for a generous donation to support the music awards efforts to give Detroit entertainers their honors while they are alive. Contributions can be as minimal as a business card advertisement to a VIP sponsored table. A generous donation will help to validate your support for great artists of the past, present, and upcoming. Detroit artists such as Aretha Franklin, Jackie Wilson, Freda Payne, Della Reese, Dinah Washington, Anita Baker, and Laura Lee are just a few that have been the staple of the time steady music of our past. Then you have the Motown stars such as the Supremes, the Temptations, Martha and the Vandellas, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, the Marvelettes, Mary Wells, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye that are the ambassadors' of our beloved city all over the world. The 5th annual Detroit Black Music Awards will be honoring Detroit's finest entertainers at:
Bert's Warehouse Theater 2739 Russell St., Detroit, Michigan, Sunday August 4, 2013.
Doors open for the VIP Reception at 5:30pm, doors will open to the general public at 6:30pm,
and show time is at 7:00pm. Tickets are $40 per person for VIP, $25 at the door.
For more information on sponsorship options continue to read the following page to make
your contribution. You can also call customer service at: (702) 575-3741.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!