- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-12-02
- ‘12 Years a Slave:’ a harsh truth we dare not forget - 2013-12-01
- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-11-29
- Girlfriend says Zimmerman pointed shotgun at her - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: Entertainment Published on Tuesday, 23 July 2013 10:29 Written by Skyyhook, Contributing Editor/Urban Daily
Page 1 of 2
Crowds gathered today across the nation in 100 different cities throughout the United States to lend voice to prayer vigils and rallys in honor of Trayvon Martin's memory. In New York City chants of "I am Trayvon Martin" or "No justice, no peace!" could be heard far and wide.
According to the Huffington Post, Rev. Al Sharpton one of the event's organizers, spoke to crowds saying when he first heard about the Trayvon Martin case he immediately flew to Sanford to a rally. Prior to boarding the plane, Sharpton learned that his own mother had passed away.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!