- Harlem Rep. Charles Rangel To Run For Reelection in 2014 - 2013-12-04
- N.Y.C Goes 24 Hours Without Shootings, Stabbings - 2013-11-11
- Accused Murderer’s Family, Victim’s Family Brawl In NY Courthouse [VIDEO] - 2013-09-23
- Female Hip Hop Icon Appointed at Cornell University Over Hip Hop Library - 2013-05-06
- Shame Them? Blame Them? - 2013-03-28
Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:42 Written by Myeisha Essex/ Hello Beautiful Staff
Page 1 of 2
According to International Boxing Hall of Fame, six-time world champion Emile Griffith passed away after a long battle with pugilistic dementia. He died in an extended care facility in Hempstead, N.Y.
Griffith was best known as the first boxer from the U.S. Virgin Islands to become world champion. His career was soon over overshadowed by the fatal beating he gave Bennie Paret in a 1962.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!