- Woman Impregnanted By Famous Dad Five Times Wins College Grant For Overcoming Adversity - 2013-10-21
- 5 Hair Habits We’re All Guilty Of - 2013-07-23
- Darius Simmons: John Henry Spooner Found Guilty In Heartless Slaying Of 13-Year-Old Boy - 2013-07-18
- Two teens found guilty in Ohio rape case - 2013-03-17
- Jesse Jackson Jr. pleads guilty to misusing campaign fund - 2013-02-20
Category: Entertainment Published on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 11:35 Written by NewsOne Staff
Page 2 of 2
Ayinde began raping some of his daughters when they were as young as 8-years-old, and continued over the course of almost 30 years until he and his wife, Beverly Ayinde, separated.
Read more from the Daily Mail:
[The sexual assaults] occurred in numerous homes across northern New Jersey, even while the family was under watch of state child welfare officials, according to NBC New York. Some of the rapes even took place in an abandoned funeral home.
The family moving as far away as Florida to avoid investigation after case workers removed multiple children from the Ayinde household in 2000, resulting in Mr. Ayinde being arrested for kidnapping for trying to take them from state custody in a medical center, "NBC New York" reported.
He pleaded guilty to lesser charges and received a year's probation – as he continued raping one daughter for at least another two years, according to officials.
The depraved father also beat and starved the girls using wooden boards and steel-toed boots for even 'minor transgressions,' Ayinde's wife testified at the first trial.
Beverly Ayinde also told jurors that her husband "equaled himself to being a prophet:"
"As time went on, he was god-like. I had to call him, 'my god.' He equated himself to Jesus Christ ... He would sit us all down and lecture us about his greatness and his power ... At another point, he equated himself to Prince and Michael Jackson."
As previously reported by NewsOne, Ayinde, whose real name is Charles McGill, directed The Fugees, "Killing Me Softly" video, winning Best R&B Video at the 1996 MTV Music Video Awards.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)