- Detroit Retirees Say Health Care cuts "Inhumane" - 2013-10-16
- The Gaye/Thick Drama Continues - 2013-09-13
- Singer D’Angelo Hospitalized - 2013-08-07
- Gov. Rick Snyder Review team finds ‘financial emergency’ in Hamtramck - 2013-05-29
- Emergency manager opponents step up protests to new laws - 2013-03-29
911 Call Released In Usher’s Son’s Drowning Accident, Ex-Wife Seeks Emergency Custody Hearing [AUDIO]
Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:08 Written by NewsOne Staff
Page 2 of 2
"Tameka got a call from one of Usher's staff members and rushed to the hospital," a source tells PEOPLE. "She almost collapsed when she heard the news."
As previously reported by NewsOne, Usher's 11-year-old step-son Kile Glover, son of Tameka Foster Raymond and ex-husband Ryan Glover, was declared brain dead by doctors on July 8, 2012 following a jet-ski accident on Atlanta's Lake Lanier. He died from his injuries on July 21,2012.
Jeffrey Simon Hubbard, the jet-ski operator and family friend who allegedly ran over Kile, was arrested and charged with Homicide by Vessel, Serious Injury by Vessel, as well as Reckless Operation of a Vessel.
Usher and Foster Raymond had been involved in a fierce custody battle at the time of Kile's death, with Usher ultimately winning primary custody.
In an exclusive statement to NewsOne at the time, Foster Raymond said that she would "fight tooth and nail to keep all of my sons together as a family," and apparently she is now attempting leverage this current tragedy to that end.
TMZ reports that she has filed legal documents asking for an emergency hearing later this week because she feels that her children are not being properly supervised while at Usher's home — a complaint she brought up during the contentious custody hearing. There have been no confirmed reports on Usher V's current condition.
Listen to the devastating 911 call:
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)