- Did Kanye West Say He Was The ‘Next Nelson Mandela’? - 2013-12-09
- Kanye West Cuts Ties With Nike & Signs New Multimillion-Dollar Deal With Adidas - 2013-12-06
- Reflections: Crude is the right word - 2013-12-03
- Cocaine Trafficker Admits To Shooting Suge Knight - 2013-11-14
- Woman Impregnanted By Famous Dad Five Times Wins College Grant For Overcoming Adversity - 2013-10-21
Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:25 Written by Jonathan Hailey, Assistant Editor/ Urban Daily
Page 2 of 2
Ali recently gave an interview to radio personality Egypt, where she apologized for her comments on baby North West. "I was recently at a charity event and I was asked my opinion on some of these non-traditional and creative names and I was speaking very candidly and honestly as I always do," the boxing champion and television host offered. "And you know, as a parent, knowing how cruel the world is and the bullying, and you know, kids have to grow up and get a job one day, I did say that I think some of these name choices are stupid. I do realize that it was a poor choice of words, you know, and it wasn't to single out Kim or Kanye. I actually mentioned a bunch of names, not just the name North. It was a general opinion to a question that I was asked, but it doesn't matter. I do realize and I take responsibility for it. I have no problem doing that. It was a poor choice of words that I used."
After reading what she had to say, does the apology come a little too late? did Kimye care in the first place? What do you consider crossing the line when you're talking about someone else's children or where do you draw the line when other people talk about your children? Sound off in the comments.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!