Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 07 August 2013 10:57 Written by ReBecca Theodore-Vachon/ Urban Daily
Oprah Winfrey is a force of nature. Still reigning supreme as the Queen of Media, the power titan returns to the big screen after an almost fifteen year hiatus, acting in "Lee Daniel's The Butler."
Miss O plays Gloria Gaines, the matriarchal glue between her husband Cecil ( Forest Whitaker) and their headstrong son Louis (David Oyelowo). Cecil, the titular butler, fears for his son's life as Louis takes part in the fight for Civil Rights, risking life and limb during the turbulent 60′s.
We sat down with Ms. Winfrey to get her views on the movie's father/son conflict, and how this generational disconnect continues to play out with the recent clash of ideals between Jay Z and Harry Belafonte:
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)