- Timbaland’s Wife Files For Divorce And It Could Get Ugly! - 2013-10-18
- Happy 50th Birthday Whitney: 8 of Her Best Style Moments - 2013-08-10
- Cissy Houston Tries Reconnect With Bobbi Kristina In Open Letter - 2013-08-01
- Beyonce Starts From Scratch - 2013-07-26
- Tamar Braxton Announces New Tour With John Legend - 2013-07-23
Category: Entertainment Published on Friday, 09 August 2013 10:58 Written by Ruth Manuel-Logan/Newsone
Page 2 of 14
1) Whitney's talent came from a long line of singers: Whitney's mom is gospel singer Cissy Houston, her cousins are singing icon Dionne Warwick and soul singer Dee Dee Warwick, her godmother is '60s pop star Darlene Love, and the "Queen of Soul" Aretha Franklin is her honorary auntie.
Whitney's singing career was not by chance, it was predestined and charted. By age 11, Whitney began performing as a soloist in the junior gospel choir at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, and after hearing her sing, there was no turning back, Whitney was bound for singing greatness!
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!