- Timbaland’s Wife Files For Divorce And It Could Get Ugly! - 2013-10-18
- Happy 50th Birthday Whitney: 8 of Her Best Style Moments - 2013-08-10
- Cissy Houston Tries Reconnect With Bobbi Kristina In Open Letter - 2013-08-01
- Beyonce Starts From Scratch - 2013-07-26
- Tamar Braxton Announces New Tour With John Legend - 2013-07-23
Category: Entertainment Published on Friday, 09 August 2013 10:58 Written by Ruth Manuel-Logan/Newsone
Page 7 of 14
6) A humanitarian who loved children, the mega-star with a big heart formed the Whitney Houston Foundation for Children, a non-profit organization that has raised funds for the needs of children around the world, in 1989. Whitney's tireless efforts were recognized by organizations, such as as St. Jude Children's Hospital, the United Negro College Fund, and the Children's Diabetes Foundation.
Above, Whitney is pictured with the brothers of Eta Pi of Montclair, N.J., who participated in her annual foundation drive that provided Christmas toys and presents for homeless children and others in need.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!