- Timbaland’s Wife Files For Divorce And It Could Get Ugly! - 2013-10-18
- Happy 50th Birthday Whitney: 8 of Her Best Style Moments - 2013-08-10
- Cissy Houston Tries Reconnect With Bobbi Kristina In Open Letter - 2013-08-01
- Beyonce Starts From Scratch - 2013-07-26
- Tamar Braxton Announces New Tour With John Legend - 2013-07-23
Category: Entertainment Published on Friday, 09 August 2013 10:58 Written by Ruth Manuel-Logan/Newsone
Page 9 of 14
8) With Whitney's star power, Hollywood naturally came calling. The beauty had offers from some of Tinsel Town's greatest, but she waited until a juicy role fell in her lap. In 1992, Whitney's first film role, "The Bodyguard," co-starring Kevin Costner, was just what she had been waiting for all along. Whitney played a star who was stalked by a crazed fan. She hires a bodyguard (Costner), and eventually, the two fall in love. Whitney had such major screen appeal that viewers of the movie were rendered colorblind. She also went on to do other notable films, such as "The Preacher's Wife" and "Waiting to Exhale."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)