- Eminem Teams Up With Iron Man For 'Mighty Avengers' Variant Comic Book Cover - 2013-11-07
- Are Up-and-Coming Rappers Getting a Fair Break? - 2013-10-15
- Obama Phone Call Leads Judge To Release Father Of 1963 Ala. Church Bombing Victim - 2013-08-31
- New TLC Album, First in a Decade - 2013-08-02
- Lil’ Wayne Music Video Shows Rapper Stomping on American Flag - 2013-06-18
Category: Entertainment Published on Monday, 26 August 2013 15:27 Written by News One
NEWARK, N.J. — Rap star Fat Joe (pictured) has reported to federal prison in Florida to serve a four-month sentence for tax evasion.
An attorney for the performer, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena (car-ta-GEE’-nah), said his client surrendered Monday at a federal detention center in Miami.
Cartagena pleaded guilty in December 2012 to failing to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
The 42-year-old Miami Beach resident was charged in New Jersey because some of the companies he earns money from are incorporated in the state.
The platinum-selling artist once topped the Billboard charts with the hit “What’s Luv.”
Attorney Jeffrey Lichtman told the Associated Press that Cartagena was in positive spirits and looking forward to getting released and back to his family before Christmas.
- ^Mike Tyson: ‘I’m On The Verge Of Dying’ [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
- ^A List Of Winners From The MTV Video Music Awards [VIDEO] (newsone.com)
Read more http://newsone.com/2699135/fat-joe-jail/
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)