- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-12-02
- ‘12 Years a Slave:’ a harsh truth we dare not forget - 2013-12-01
- Zimmerman’s Attorneys Hit Him With $2.5 Mil Bill - 2013-11-29
- Girlfriend says Zimmerman pointed shotgun at her - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 10:50 Written by Jonathan Hailey, Assistant Editor/ Urban Daily
Everyone has their own way of honoring those who have lost their lives. Some ways are deemed classier than others, but who are we to judge. Rapper Plies honored slain teen Trayvon Martin by getting a gold chain and pendant made of the young teen's face cloaked in a hoodie. According to the video Plies posted on YouTube, he's been working on the piece for a few weeks. Plies commissioned the jewelry piece because the slaying of Martin truly affected him.
Check the video out below. What do you think of the piece and the reason behind its purchase?
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)