Detroit's Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts in conjunction with Wayne State University Theater Department is casting for “Ain't Misbehavin,'” the Fats Waller musical for a run at Music Hall Center's Jazz Café in December and throughout the coming year.
The musical soul of 1930s Harlem lives on in this critically acclaimed revue. The producers of the show are seeking African-American singers. Three female (all capable of head and chest voice) and two male (one tenor, one baritone).
The men will be required to perform 32 bars of a Jazz/Big Band song, preferably with a storyline within the song. The women will perform 32 bar sections from Jazz/Big Band songs, one demonstrating belt, one demonstrating head register.
Final auditions will be held on Monday, Nov. 2, at Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts, starting at 7 p.m.
The performance will be held Dec. 17-20.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)