Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 16 December 2009 18:39
Tisha Taylor Murphy, wife of comedian Charlie Murphy, passed away in her sleep Sunday in their New Jersey home after battling cancer for two years, according to MTV.com.
Their publicist, Lyndsey Jacobs, released a statement to MTV confirming the news:
"The Murphy family appreciates all of the support they have received from friends and fans and requests privacy during this very difficult time."
The couple married in 1997 and have two children.
Charlie Murphy, brother of Eddie Murphy, is a Brooklyn native who began his career as a comedian after serving in the United States Navy. Making his film debut alongside his brother in “Harlem Nights,” he went on to star in “CB4” and co-wrote “Vampire in Brooklyn” and “Norbit.” But his biggest claim to fame was his appearance on Dave Chapelle’s show. He is currently filming “C02” and “Our Family Wedding.”
The Michigan Chronicle sends its condolences to Charlie Murphy and his family.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)
- Gordy explains Ross relationship (3)