Category: Entertainment Published on Wednesday, 30 December 2009 16:46
Daytime talk show host Tyra Banks recently announced that she is pulling the plug on “The Tyra Show.”
Sharing the same time slot as her mentor, Oprah Winfrey, the show that won Banks two Daytime Emmy Awards, is slated to conclude after its fifth season in the spring of 2010.
Fulfilling her lifelong dream to produce films, Banks is focusing on launching Bankable Studios, a New York-based film production company. Her goal is to bring more positive images of women to the big screen.
Banks will continue to produce and host “America’s Next Top Model” which will begin its 15th season in February. She and Ashton Kutcher are also launching another show, “True Beauty,” in which a group of contestants are judged based on their inner beauty and moral character. The show is scheduled to begin airing Feb. 5 on ABC.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Duggan Court of Appeals Decision (1)
- Medical Marijuana Illinois: Veto Session Could Make Legal Weed A Reality (1)
- President Obama Hosts Father’s Day Luncheon At White House (1)
- Democrat: IRS Manager Denies Targeting Of Conservative Groups (1)
- Detroit Area Has Strong Legacy With African American Dealers (1)