- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
- Wayne County judge asks Michigan court to reject suspension recommendation - 2013-04-11
Category: Entertainment Published on Friday, 25 January 2013 08:00 Written by Britney Spear
No stranger to the land of reality television, Kimora Lee returns with her latest project: the Style Network’s ‘House of Fab’. At first glance, it’s easy to assume the show isn’t a far cry from what we’ve previously seen from the self-appointed queen of ‘fabulosity’. But, wait, there’s more.
‘House of Fab’ takes you behind the scenes of the multi-million dollar online subscription service ‘Just Fab’. It gives members all access to the hottest looks chosen by celebrity stylists. Perhaps the future of fashion, ‘Just Fab’ is consistently on the rise as it continues to grow in popularity. Kimora’s new show gives viewers an opportunity to see that creating and conducting the business is not always fun and games.
Airing Wednesdays at 9 pm, ‘House of Fab’ is a refreshing break from what currently dominates the airwaves. It essentially leaves the foolish antics and unproductive debauchery at the door. Rather, the drama we do witness is productive in that it contributes to the building and further expansion of the company’s brand.
Building a brand seems to Kimora Lee’s forte. The model mogul’s name has become synonymous with the finest in fashion entrepreneurship. With companies like Baby Phat and KLS as well as five perfumes under her belt, Lee has turned her sense of style into much more than a pretty penny. At best, those who aspire to walk in her footsteps will get a glimpse of what it takes as they tune into ‘House of Fab’. If that’s not your goal, at least you will be entertained.
Let us hope that given the current reel of reality television and what now drawings the biggest ratings, the show can survive. Will you be watching?
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @missbritneysp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)