- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Richie Incognito Taunts of Jonathan Martin Reveal NFL’s Unspoken Racism [VIDEO] - 2013-11-07
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Detroit Lions Win Big Against Cleveland Browns - 2013-10-13
Category: Entertainment Published on Friday, 01 February 2013 09:22 Written by Britney Spear
If you didn’t know any better, you’d assume a random football game was taking place at the Beyonce concert this weekend. Truth is, the talented songstress’ upcoming Super Bowl Halftime performance has taken complete control of the media buzz surrounding the event.
After all the hoopla surrounding her infamous lip sync of the national anthem at the presidential inauguration, spectators are especially eager to see how Beyonce will respond.
Who knew that the Pop superstar would get started so early on ‘shushing’ the scrutiny? At the official Super Bowl press conference held on Thursday, Beyonce began with a live rendition of the Star Bangled Banner. Her quick performance reminded fans all over the country that she doesn't need to sing over a tape to get the job done.
The effort to redeem herself from the inaugural madness, whether needed or not, has fans now more than ever eager to see what she’s cooked up for football’s finest night. Judging her track record, Beyonce is sure not to disappoint. The only question, will critics let her live a little in 2013? You’re guess is as good as mine.
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @missbritneysp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!