- The Pistons' Road to Relevance - 2013-11-05
- Barry White Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame - 2013-10-22
- Berry Gordy to Receive the Michigan Chronicle’s Legacy in Motion Lifetime Achievement Award - 2013-10-15
- Chante Moore of 'R&B Divas' Talks Show and New Album - 2013-10-05
- Celebrities Share Detroit Memories - 2013-09-30
Category: Entertainment Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 15:29 Written by Roz Edward
Marvin Gaye III (left) and Lenny Kravitz (right)
Lenny Kravitz has dropped out of the upcoming Marvin Gaye biopic, Sexual Healing, less than a month before the planned start of filming. Industry insiders comment that the crooner's son, Marvin Gaye III may behind Kravitz's abrupt decision to exit the project stage left.
Gaye reportedly criticized the executives casting choice saying, "The producers and directors of this film are very wrong ... They don't even know the whole story."
Kravitz will be replaced by stage veteran and former star of 'Law & Order' Jesse L. Martin.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!