Category: LifeStyle Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 14:38 Written by Myeisha Essex/ Hello Beautiful Staff
It's the season to be "summertime fine" and skin is in, but Jenkins says wearing short shorts shouldn't be your only motivation to hit the gym. Even if you hate to workout, she recommends for everyone use their health and self-confidence as a motivation.
Are you the type of person who hates to break a sweat? Trust us, you're not alone! Check out these fresh fitness ideas from Jeanette Jenkins below.
1. Change Your Attitude
"Number one, you have to change that mindset right off the bat. Don't hate working out! Love it for what it does for your body, for your health, your longevity, your self-confidence — all those things!"
2. Schedule Workouts Around Your Weekly To-Do List
"Number two, schedule your workouts into your weekly agenda. Go ahead and make that time slot."
3. Find An Accountability Partner
"Three, if you hate it that much go ahead and find a workout buddy. Whether it's a friend of yours, another trainer or a workout group. Find a way to make it fun!"
4. Don't Forget To Have Fun
"Find things that you like to do. Whether it's Zumba class, dancing, group cardio kick boxing or a group of people who go hiking. Find something that you like to do."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)