- Celebrity Foodie Anthony Bourdain Finds Parts Unknown in Detroit - 2013-11-11
- 6-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Carnival Cruise Line Pool - 2013-10-16
- Money is Money Approved for Michigan Film Incentive - 2013-08-01
- Kanye West Launches “Got Bars” Music Program for At-Risk Chicago Youth - 2013-07-30
- Detroit Jazz Festival 2013 - 2013-07-26
Category: Food Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 14:20 Written by BlackDoctor.org
When little ones are running around outside, playing in the pool and swinging at the park, they're active under hot conditions.
What are the worst foods to give them to help refuel their little bodies?
Hot Dogs are stocked with saturated fat, which is a factor in causing heart disease, even in tiny tickers.One study found that children who eat more than 12 hot dogs per month are significantly more likely to develop childhood leukemia
Pepperoni Pizza is filled saturated fats and dehydration-promoting sodium, about 700 mg per piece. Kids need only 1,000 to 1,300 mg per day.
Ice Cream can contain more than 400 calories and 40 grams of sugar, depending on the brand. We're talking about a one-cup scoop of plain old vanilla.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!