- Detroit Area Agency on Aging Call to Action: 200 Volunteers Needed to Pack and Deliver Thanksgiving Meals to Seniors - 2013-11-22
- Meijer Again Expects to Lead the Midwest with Lowest Per-Pound Price on Turkeys - 2013-11-18
- Kendrick Johnson’s Body Stuffed With Newspapers Before Burial [VIDEO] - 2013-10-11
- CHIC EATS: Apple Broccoli Slaw [RECIPE] - 2013-08-06
- 7 DIY Healthy Home Spa Ideas - 2013-07-30
Category: Living Well Published on Friday, 14 June 2013 10:56 Written by Affordable health insurance
There is a good reason why junk food tastes so good but is so bad for you. That reason is salt. Not just salt, but processed or refined salt. So, what is the difference between refined and unrefined salt, and why is refined salt so bad for you?
Unrefined salt is natural salt from the sea and contains over 80 minerals and elements that are natural and good for the body. Refined salt is salt that has been altered by man to improve the product's shelf life. Chemicals are added that contain anti-caking, free flowing, or conditioning agents, such as sodium ferrocyanide, ammonium citrate, and aluminum silicate. The minerals and elements that are good for you are removed in the refining process.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!