Category: Living Well Published on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 13:15 Written by blackdoctor
While all the foods on this list are healthy, we wouldn't recommend eating them right before a workout–save them for your post-workout snack or meal instead!
While they are great for your body (and weight loss), flaxseeds are full of fiber , which could impede your workout efforts by causing gas and/or bloating.
You should limit the amount of fiber you take in 2 hours before and after exercising. In addition to flaxseeds, stay away from fiber supplements, bran, and high-fiber breads and opt for a mixture of protein and carbohydrates instead right before your workout.
Don't get us wrong, we love healthy hummus just as much as you do, but you may want to stay away from it right before a workout.
1 2Next page »
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)