- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
- Wayne County judge asks Michigan court to reject suspension recommendation - 2013-04-11
Category: Living Well Published on Monday, 28 January 2013 09:00 Written by thehuffingtonpost
The flu virus has been spreading around our office like wildfire, and we've done our best to stay out of its path. But if you do unfortunately get sick, or someone else in your household comes down with the ailment, you'll want to take certain steps to disinfect your home from the flu and get rid of germs fast.
We spoke with Allison Janse, a self-described "germ freak," and co-author of "The Germ Freak's Guide To Outwitting Colds and Flu" who told us that cold and flu viruses can stay alive on surfaces for up to three hours. (Gross!) And there are certain spots in our homes that are particularly infested. So click through the slideshow below to learn the 7 best ways to rid your house of what's been "going around."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!