Category: Community Published on Monday, 24 June 2013 09:24 Written by Huffington Post
Why AT&T And Verizon May Start Charging You More Fees
Don't be surprised if you start seeing more and more fees on your wireless bill.
That's one of the takeaways from a new report of the U.S. mobile market, according to Tero Kuittinen, a mobile analyst and vice president at Alekstra, a firm that works to reduce companies' phone bills.
Because fewer new customers are signing up for wireless plans, giants like AT&T and Verizon are looking everywhere they can for additional revenue, which means charging their existing subscribers more, Kuittinen wrote on BGR.
Only 1.1 million new wireless accounts were created the first three months of 2013, according to the report from Chetan Sharma Consulting, a firm that specializes in mobile trends and strategy. This represents a whopping 60 percent decline over the number of new connections in the same quarter of 2012. Continue To Huffington Post...
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)