The only man to ever admit involvement in the murder of Malcolm X, Thomas Hagan, will be getting out of jail on April 28th. He was granted release at his parole hearing on March 3rd. Hagan was shot in the leg by one of Malcom X's bodyguards after Malcolm's assassination and almost beaten to death by the crowd at the Audobon but was saved by uniformed police officers who arrested him.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)