Category: Community Published on Wednesday, 17 July 2013 09:32 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
The General Motors Foundation has pledged more than $380,000 to keep local youth nourished, learning and active all summer long as part of its second annual "Summer in the D" initiative.
"We are committed to supporting activities designed to make summer a time of both fun and learning," said Vivian Pickard, president, GM Foundation. "The slate of activities we help to fund provides our local youth with engaging experiences that incorporate reading, science, technology, engineering math, the arts and more."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)