Aug. 16, 2013 DTE Energy Foundation Announces Winners of Its Summer Jobs Program Video Contest Detroit – The DTE Energy Foundation wrapped up its 2013 youth summer jobs program and announced the winners of the “Coolest Thing About My Summer Job Experience” video contest.
Detroiters Richard McCall, 17, and Elijah Ramey, 16, won first- and second-place awards respectively. Both of the short videos captured the gratifying experience of helping to paint a mural in the middle of Detroit’s Brightmoor community. McCall and Ramey were employed by the College for Creative Studies over the summer as part of the Grow Detroit’s Young Talent program.
The foundation partnered with Grow Detroit’s Young Talent, city of Detroit recreation centers, the Greening of Detroit and others to fund more than 500 summer and year-round jobs for teens and young adults in Detroit and other struggling communities. To view the McCall and Ramey videos and other contest entries, visit DTE’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/dteenergy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)