7 homes in 7 days! That is the goal for Habitat for Humanity Detroit. Homes will be built for low-income families in the Morningside Commons community on Detroit’s eastside.
Habitat for Humanity Detroit kicked-off its 2013 Fall Blitz this pass Monday. Over a thousand volunteers are estimated to help with the efforts.
However, help is still needed for Friday, August 23rd & Saturday, August 24th.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)