McDONALD’S KICKS OFF $1.99 HAPPY MEAL® OFFER WITH SPECIAL McFAMILY FUN NIGHT EVENTS
Kickoff to Feature Giveaway of 199 Backpacks Filled with School Supplies
Enjoy an evening of fun with your family at Detroit-area McDonald’s® restaurants for McFamily Fun Night. Beginning Mon., Sept. 9, participating metro
politan Detroit McDonald’s will offer a $1.99 Happy Meal®, from 3 to 7 p.m., Mon. through Fri. To kickoff McFamily Fun Night, there will be a back-to-school giveaway of 199 backpacks filled with school supplies during the month of September.
“At McDonald’s we are all about family,” said Jon Campbell, Detroit-area McDonald’s restaurant owner. “We are excited to bring everyone together for a one-of-a-kind experience filled with great food and great fun.”
McDonald’s will host four special McFamily Fun Night kickoff events from 4 to 6 p.m.:
· Tues., Sept. 10 - 18403 Grand River, Detroit
· Thurs., Sept. 12 - 1000 Mack Avenue, Detroit
· Tues., Sept. 17 - 4200 Conner, Detroit
· Thurs., Sept. 19 - 26550 Greenfield, Oak Park
In celebration of McFamily Fun Night, there will be giveaways and a radio station promotion team at the events. A mobile video gaming truck will be onsite featuring vibrating stadium seating for up to 20 players at a time, five 50” HD widescreen TVs and a variety of gaming systems and games. On September 12 and 17, Chief Happiness Officer, Ronald McDonald, will make a special appearance during the festivities.
Guests also will have the opportunity to enter to win one of 199 backpacks filled with school supplies with 25 backpacks to be given away at each special McFamily Fun Night kickoff event. There will be an opportunity to text-to-win one of theremaining 99 backpacks through Clear Channel radio stations, by texting “HAPPY” to 90923 or 77979. Each backpack entry also is eligible for a grand prize drawing Xbox One gaming system, to be held later this year.
The $1.99 McDonald’s Happy Meal offer will be available at participating metropolitan Detroit McDonald’s locations September 9 through December 20. McFamily Fun Night activities, times and dates will vary by participating location.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)