Category: Community Published on Monday, 04 November 2013 01:31 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
At a candlelight vigil held Wednesday night in remembrance of Tiane Brown — a promising Wayne Law student — and in support of her family, Wayne State President M. Roy Wilson announced that the university would establish a fund to assist Brown’s children. The details on how to contribute are now available.
Checks should be made payable to Wayne State University and reference “The Tiane Brown Fund” on the memo line. If donors would like notification to be sent to the Brown Family, they should provide their full contact information.
Checks can be addressed to:
Wayne State University
5475 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
Credit card donations can be made by calling the Wayne State Fund Office at 313-577-2263 or 577-2275 or by clicking the "Make a GIFT" tab at giving.wayne.edu.
Wilson also announced that, after discussion with the WSU Board of Governors, Wayne State will offer free tuition to Brown’s three children if they choose to attend the university. Brown will receive her law degree posthumously in May 2014, when she was scheduled to graduate.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)