InterContinental Toronto Centre
You couldn’t do much better than staying at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. This hotel is beautiful, spacious.Guests are provided a complimentary breakfast buffet at the Azure, which includes French cuisine and made-to-order omelets. And after breakfast, you can work out in the fitness room or relax at the spa.
More powerful than a locomotive…
Parking your car for two nights at the VIA Rail will cost you $39. If possible, save that money and have someone drop you off at the train station.
However you travel, take the train.
I loved the train.
There’s no scans, no removing all of your jewelry or taking off your shoes. Show your passport or enhanced ID and you can get on the train.
Seats are first come, first served, so be sure to arrive early for preferred seating.
For a few dollars more
Smart phone users beware. Even if you’ve got an unlimited data package you still should call your provider to be sure that you sign up for the International program. Otherwise, you could spend hundreds of dollars more on your next bill just because you downloaded a friend’s photo. Or streamed your favorite radio station. And, e-mails and texting adds up as well.
Metro Detroiters will doubtless feel right at home in a city that embraces diversity, innovation and creativity.
Special thanks to Tourism Toronto for providing a fantastic itinerary.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)