Category: FAQ Published on Thursday, 07 January 2010 21:15
Google, the world’s leading search engine, officially entered the mobile phone arena after unveiling their new smartphone, Nexus One, on Tuesday.
Keeping in step with the world’s growing obsession with smartphones, Nexus One comes with a five-megapixel camera and a flash for taking pictures in the dark. Its rival, the 3G S, Apple’s latest iPhone, only comes with a three-megapixel camera and no flash.
Among other features on the Nexus One are a light sensor that can detect the brightness of the subject’s environment and adjusts its screen brightness accordingly. It also has noise-canceling technology that allows for easier use in a noisy environment.
But perhaps the most exciting feature on the Nexus One is the voice-activated keyboard that allows the user to compose an e-mail with voice command rather than typing.
The phone is on sale at www.google.com/phone, available through T-Mobile for $529 with no contract and $179 with a two-year contract. Verizon Wireless and Vodafone are expected to carry the Nexus One later this year.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)