Global Journeys (G.J.) Summer Day Camp for children ages 7-13 and the International Youth Leadership (IYL) Program for ages 14 and up is open until Aug. 9. The camp operates Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Early drop-off and late pick-up will be available.
The camp is at The International Institute, located at 111 E. Kirby, just off of Woodward Avenue
Global Journeys is a global learning and cultural awareness camp, preparing children to become honorable citizens of the world and ambassadors of peace.
All camp educators specialize in native culture. Space is limited. IYL will accept approximately 5 to 10 youth, who are eligible to receive a reference for college and university scholarships. A discount is offered for early registration and low-income families. Campers participate in many educational and fun activities including learning basic communication in different languages, indoor and outdoor games, field trips to area museums and different ethnic communities, arts and crafts, etiquette, food, music and dance from different countries.
Upon completion of the camp, a certificate of achievement as “Citizens of the World and Ambassadors of Peace” will be presented to each camp participant.
For more information and to register your child for this exciting and educational camp, call (313) 871-8600, ext. 226.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)