Category: Community Published on Friday, 28 September 2012 12:27 Written by Amber Boggins/AJ Williams
1. Anthony Hamilton with Estelle Friday, September 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm Fox Theatre Detroit 2211 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48201
2. Comedy Explosion featuring Rickey Smiley Fox Theatre Detroit Detroit, MI 8:00 PM
3. Rochester Mills Oktoberfest September 28 & 29, 2012 Rochester, MI The event will provide a weekend full of parties, local craft beer, authentic German cuisine and plenty of opportunities to celebrate the season with friends and family. A portion of the proceeds go to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan. Admissions for the festival are $5 and children 16 and under get in free with an adult. For more information visit the Rochester Mills Beer Co. Facebook page.
4. Detroit Restaurant Week Fall Edition 2012 The Following Restaurants will be participating in the Fall edition of Detroit Restaurant Week: 24Grille, Andiamo Italia Riverfront, Angelina Italian Bistro, Atlas Global Bistro, Caucus Club, Cliff Bell’s, Coach Insignia, Cuisine, Da Edoardo Foxtown Grille, Detroit Seafood Market, Fountain Bistro, Iridescence, La Dolce Vita, Rattlesnake Club, Roast, Roma Cafe and The Whitney. This fall’s event runs from September 28th through October 7th. The cost is $28 per person for a three course meal at select establishments in Detroit. For more information about Detroit Restaurant Week, please visit http://www.detroitrestaurantweek.com/ or the Detroit Restaurant Week Facebook page.
5. You’ve Been Framed Create small picture frames using markers, gel pens and more to hold your favorite photos. Friday at 6 p.m. and is free with museum admission. For more information, visit http://www.dia.org.
6. Zoo Brew Friday, September 28, 2012. 6 pm – 10:30 pm There will be many different Michigan craft brews, live music and food available for purchase. For patrons 21 years and older. $35. For more information www.detroitzoo.org.
7. Storyteller Performance: Hava Jean Delgado at the DIA Sunday, September 30, 2012 at 2 p.m. and is free of charge with museum admission.
8. Fall Flavor Weekends Greenfield Village on Saturday, September 29, 2012 and Sunday, September 30, 2012 Enjoy cooking demonstrations throughout the Village and free tastings at the Village Store. Soup, beer, fried chicken and cider http://www.thehenryford.org.
9. Wine S’Mora Health Clinic Charity Fundraiser and Silent Auction Friday, September 28, 2012 from 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm. The proceeds from this event will be donated to support a medical clinic in rural El Salvador. The cost to attend this event is $35 per ticket, $50 for 2 advance tickets or $40 at the door. The event will take place at St. John Nuemann Social Hall in Canton. For more information, please visit www.localwineevents.com.
10. Chris Porter Finalist on the fourth season of “Last Comic Standing,” will perform at Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle of Royal Oak on Thursday, September 27, 2012 through Saturday, September 29, 2012. The show begins at 8 p.m. with additional shows at 10:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $18. For more information, visit http://www.comedycastle.com
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Bamboozled: Breast Mutilation as Preventive Care? (1)
- Mike Duggan announces official run for mayor (1)
- Detroit gears up for historic March on Woodward celebration (1)
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)