Category: Community Published on Thursday, 04 October 2012 12:47 Written by Sarah Cox, curb detroit
Today The Auburn, midtown's new apartment building, showed off two model units for the first time. The preview included a second floor unit, a third floor unit, and both roof deck spaces (one of which also has an attached indoor shared room). While this is only the second time Curbed Detroit has been able to tour a building's brand new model apartment unit (damn you, slow economy) it was certainly the best time (Sorry, Broderick). The second floor's polished concrete floors are envy-inducing. Not that you would do poorly with the bamboo flooring on the third floor.
As you may know from reading this site, retails slots in the first floor will be taken by Hugh, the housewares store, and Topsoil, a vegetarian restaurant from the people that do Russell Street Deli in Eastern Market. Announced today were the others joining that floor. The businesses include Go Cycle studios (a spin gym), a lifestyle store named Nora, Sy Thai, and Source booksellers. All are expected to open before the year ends.
Open houses at the Auburn for residents start Friday, but pre-leasing has already resulted in six units being spoken for. Once again, there are 58 apartments and rates are from $920 to $995/month for the one bedrooms. There are just four studios, and they are priced at $780 to $830/month.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)