Weekend 10: Nov. 2-4
1. 11/2-3 Tyrone Davis Joey’s Comedy Club Don’t miss the chance to see Tyrone Davis at Joey’s Comedy Club from November 1-November 3, 2012. The comedian will come on stage at 8 pm on Thursday and then at 8 pm and 10:30 pm on Friday and Saturday. Tickets range from $8-$29. For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.joeyscomedyclub.net.
2. 11/2 Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever Don’t miss the opportunity to see Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Friday, November 2, 2012. The Disney sensation will have two shows with the first starting at 4 pm and the second at 7 pm. Tickets range from $19-$40. All ages are welcome. For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.palacenet.com.
3. 11/3-4 Free Children’s Film Festival from MJR Cinemas JR Digital Cinemas is offering their Free Fall Children's Film Festival. Films show every Saturday and Sunday and are free to children 12 and under. Parental tickets are just $1.00. Tickets are given on a first-come, first served basis and no advance tickets are available. Playing this weekend: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (PG). Call your theatre for showtimes or check online the Tuesday prior to the show at mjrtheatres.com.
4. 11/2-4 Detroit Institute of Art Now thru January 6...see masterpiece drawings & prints by acclaimed artists Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse at the Detroit Institute of Arts. More than 100 examples from the DIA's extensive collection showcase the revolutionary achievements that defined much of 20th century art. Click the link for more information. http://www.dia.org/
5. 11/2 Detroit Institute of Art Friday Night Live presents: Shuffle Concert Shuffle Concert changes the rules of performance by having the audience select the music to be performed. The audience has a choice of compositions from over 14 different styles, from Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Jazz, Pop and Broadway. Every Shuffle Concert performance is a unique experience. Two shows, starting at 7pm & 8:30. Go online to www.dia.org for more information.
6. 11/2-11/3 Halloween Candy for the Troops The Orchard Maple Family Dental invites the public to share the Halloween candy with the U.S. soldiers and their families. People can drop off candy at OMFD starting on Thursday, November 1 and ending on Saturday, November 3. The start times are different (Nov 2: 10 am-1 pm and Nov 3: 9 am.-1 pm). OMFD visitors can receive new toothbrushes, health tips, a toy box prize and a dollar for each pound of donated candy. The limit for candy donation is five pound maximum per person. Guests are welcome to bring greeting cards for the soldiers or make personalized cards onsite at OMFD.
7. 11/4 John Legend at the Fox Theater @7:30pm Nine-time Grammy Award winner John Legend announced his North American Tour today, which will perform at Detroit’s Fox Theatre. Tickets ($35, $45 and $59.50) can be purchased at OlympiaEntertainment.com, LiveNation.com, The Fox Theatre and Joe Louis Arena box offices, Hockey town Authentic in Troy (without service charge) at all Ticketmaster locations and Ticketmaster.com. To charge tickets by phone, call (800) 745-3000. For additional information, call (313) 471-6611.
8. 11/2 Hearing & Vision Screening at the Department of Health & Wellness Promotion in Detroit This event occurs weekly on Friday from 9a-3p. The City of Detroit Department of Health is offering hearing and vision screening for pre-school and school-age children age 3-18. Call for an appointment; walk-ins welcome, too. Cost: Free. Location: Department of Health and Wellness Promotion 1151 Taylor St., Detroit, MI
9. 11/2-4 Welcome to the Colored Section at the Liberal Arts Gallery in Detroit Welcome To The Colored Section is a look at how these artists express their heritage, history, spirituality, relationships and even existence through their creativity. The show presents the works of some of Detroit best up and coming, unknown and self-taught artists, poets and craftsmen. Cost: Free. Location: Liberal Arts Gallery 3361 E. Gratiot Ave. Detroit, MI. Call 313-671-7983. Or go online to http://www.facebook.com/LiberalArtsGallery?ref=hl
Join FM98 WJLB as we broadcast live from our 30th Annual Coats for Kids 2012 Radiothon benefiting the Salvation Army!
We'll interview some of today's biggest artists including Diggy Simmons, Jacob Latimore and recently added CASH OUT, on-site to help us raise funds!
JetSetters! Diggy wants YOU to help JLB raise as much money as possible to keep kids in Metro Detroit warm this winter.
We'll be raffling off autographed items from Diggy including his own jacket! You can donate $1 per ticket at the event with all funds raised going straight to Coats for Kids! Plus we'll also have autographed items from Eminem and Royce Da' 5'9"!
Artists: Omarion, Elijah Connor, LoveRance and many more will be present
All funds raised help the Salvation Army provide coats to Metro Detroit's children in need.
Date: Saturday, November 3rd
Location: HYPE Recreation Center - 23302 W. Warren Ave, Dearborn Heights, MI (on W. Warren between Telegraph and Ann Arbor Trail) Map
Can't make the event?
Call (877) 853-8570 and give $25 to keep a kid warm, safe and alive!
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!