Category: Community Published on Monday, 25 February 2013 07:45 Written by Amber L. Bogins, Entertainment Editor
The first day of spring is March 20th, less than a month away. If you are anything like me, you’ve taken full advantaged of sweaters and winter coats to hide a little extra bulge, and pigged out on all your favorite comfort foods this season. Well, winter is just about done, and warm weather will be here before you know it. It’s time to hit the gym and get summer-ready. Here’s a list of hot places to work out in and around Detroit.
1. Detroit-Windsor Dance Academy
3031 W. Grand Blvd., Suite 350, Detroit.
Several programs are available to suit your level of dance experience.
2. Lifetime Fitness
Pricey, but they have a ton of activities to meet many fitness styles, a full service spa and salon, plus childcare and programs for children.
3. Franklin Fitness and Racquet Club
29350 Northwestern Highway, Southfield,
Offer a wide variety of group classes throughout the week to fit your schedule.
3. Source Booksellers
4201 Cass Ave., Detroit
Midtown’s premier non-fiction bookstore also offers tai chi, qi gong, and yoga classes for free on the weekends.
4. Fitness Works
6525 Second Ave.
Detroit, MI 48202
Fitness Works offers a variety of classes, weight training, nutritional counseling and massage therapy.
5. Detroit Athletic Club
241 Madison St, Detroit
Celebrating 125 years of service, the DAC offers team sports, state-of-the-art equipment and a luxurious atmosphere.
Follow Amber L. Bogins on Twitter @AmberLaShaii
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)