Category: Prime Politics Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 14:12 Written by Michigan Chronicle Staff
Michigan Senate Democrats sought to force a vote today on HB 4714, legislation to expand Medicaid in Michigan, but their efforts were defeated by the Senate Republican Majority before they adjourned for two more weeks. In voicing their opposition to the inaction on Medicaid expansion and the adjournment until July 17th, Senate Democrats shared the stories of some of the nearly 500,000 low-income Michigan residents who would receive health care access under this bill.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)