I knew it was going to happen. There is a strong risk of Tiger Woods becoming “O.J. Simpsonized” by his scandal. He started off as Barack Obama and with one exposure after another, he slides down the slope and ends up in no man’s land.
Well, Glenn Beck fulfilled that prophecy on his show, by comparing Tiger Woods to O.J. Simpson.This scandal may get worse for Tiger Woods before it gets better. I spoke with Rev. Al Sharpton, a man who I consider to be incredibly savvy when it comes to politics. (Notice that he was one of the few Black public figures not to lose his power during the rise of Barack Obama.)
Rev. Sharpton made a very good point that Tiger Woods doesn’t have a base of support, which is also going to hurt him during his media onslaught.
When Sharpton and others spoke up in support of Woods after a golf announcer made a joke about “lynching him in a back alley,” Tiger promptly waved off his supporters by acting as if they were in the wrong. As a result, no one is standing up for him now.
It will be interesting to see how Tiger evolves during this struggle. Even O.J. Simpson had Johnnie Cochran, but Tiger doesn’t seem to have anyone.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)