- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Generation Next: Michigan Chronicle Celebrates 40 under 40 - 2013-10-23
- Chronicle Editor Bankole Thompson Panelist On Mayoral Debate Panel - 2013-10-07
- Michigan’s Health Insurance Marketplace Opens Today! - 2013-10-01
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 07:00 Written by Britney Spear, Regional Content Editor
Looking for a quality car? If you're planning on buying American, you've got quite a couple of neat options.
Consumer Reports has released it's latest list of "Top American Cars". Who's at the top? Chevy wins big. After being dubbed by the publication as the "best of the best" brand, the automaker placed in several categories.
Budget car: the Chevrolet Sonic LT sedan
Compact car: Chevrolet Cruze Eco, Ford Focus SFE
Midsized sedan: Ford Fusion Hybrid
Green car: Toyota Prius, Chevrolet Volt, Ford C-Max hybrid
Small SUV: Ford Escape Titanium
Midsized SUV: Chevrolet Traverse/GMC Acadia
Sports sedan: Cadillac CTS
Luxury car: Chrysler 300
Sports car: Ford Mustang V6, Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Minivan: Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Grand Caravan
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!