- Berry Gordy: The man, the music, the legacy, from Chronicle paperboy to international music mogul - 2013-12-05
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Metro Detroit's Top Leaders And Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-11-26
- Winter Magic In Detroit - 2013-11-25
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Friday, 29 March 2013 09:07 Written by Britney Spear, Regional Content Editor
Rock Ventures and Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert has revealed he wants to continue developing downtown Detroit.
Adding to initial plans already in place, Gilbert spoke on Thursday, Mar. 29 to a crowd of stakeholders, business owners and residents. He used a 3-d presentation to showcase what he envisions for the city's future.
Expressing the importance of putting plans to real action, Gilbert discussed new ventures such as the addition of open air food markets and upgrades to Campus Martius, Grand Circus Park and Hart Plaza. Improvements will also include a boutique hotel and pedestrian median on Woodward leading to the riverfront.
While some ideas are currently being conceptualized, one can be expected sooner than later. An international design competition is currently underway to find a new use for the old Hudson's building on Woodward Avenue. The new project is slated to begin next year.
Are you excited about what's in store for downtown Detroit?
Follow Britney Spear on Twitter @MissBritneySp
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!