A decision may come as early as Tuesday to put Mike Duggan back on the ballot
The appeals court agreed Friday to give expedited consideration to Duggan's appeal of a lower court's ruling to remove his name from the ballot. Rival candidate Tom Barrow and activist Robert Davis says Duggan violated the terms of the City Charter and was not a city resident for one year before the deadline to file election petitions.
Barrow also has asked the Michigan Supreme Court to rule on the matter.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)