- Detroit's Top Leaders and Newsmakers Join For Annual Legacy In Motion Gala - 2013-12-08
- Police Investigate Possibility Of Foul Play In Missing Michigan Teen Case - 2013-12-03
- 41st Annual Noel Night Dec. 7th - 2013-12-02
- Can Race Be Taken Out As A Factor In Renisha McBride Case? - 2013-11-19
- Renisha McBride and Other Black Women Need to be Defended - 2013-11-19
Category: News Briefs - Original Published on Thursday, 11 July 2013 14:09 Written by News One Staff
Page 1 of 2
Married couple Lauren Hood and Andrew Jones of Detroit had their first baby Monday afternoon, but the little one was just one of many for the doctor who delivered him.
The Detroit Free Press reports that the couple's baby boy, Austin Brian Jones, was Dr. Richard Smith 8,000th delivery.
Richard Smith 8000th Baby
Brenda Hood sits next to her daughter, Lauren Hood, and her husband, Andrew Jones, after Dr. Richard Smith delivers her son. It was his 8,000 delivery. Dr. Smith delivered Lauren 24 years ago.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!