Page 1 of 2
Senator Glenn S. Anderson expressed deep sympathy for the family, friends and neighbors of the children involved in the horrific boating accident on Oakland County's Sylvan Lake on Sunday. Three children were struck by a boat while riding on a tube being pulled by a jet ski. One of the children died immediately as a result of injuries sustained in the accident and another died today. The sole surviving sister remains hospitalized in critical condition.
"I can't imagine what the parents of these children, their friends, and neighbors on Sylvan Lake are going through," Senator Anderson said. "We must take a long hard look at what can be done to prevent horrific accidents of this type on Michigan waterways. The tragedy on Sylvan Lake is still under investigation and it is unclear at this time what might have caused the operator of the boat to fail to see the children. However, I believe there are steps we can take at the state level to improve safety, and we need to make those changes."
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit Begins A New Chapter as Detroit Bankruptcy is Allowed to Proceed (1)
- Joyce Hayes Giles retires after 35 years with DTE (2)
- Sarah Palin accuses Obama of Libya ‘shuck and jive’ (1)
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)